Manufacturers are obligated to inspect electro- sensitive protective equipment when the system it is put into operation and at the operating organization’s location. This must be done at periodic intervals and after any changes (e.g. replacement).
If safety sensors such as light curtains, light grids or laser scanners are used, it will be necessary to validate the proper mounting, correct integration into the machine control system, and the run-on time of the safety system for this purpose.
These run-on measurements are carried out using specially calibrated time measuring systems. After the overtravel is measured, the required safety distance is determined, compared with the actual situation on the machine or installation and then documented.
Benefits for you
- Check for damage, correct mounting and selection of the ESPE.
- Run-on measurements performed using the latest, calibrated measuring equipment.
- Check of electro-sensitive protective equipment such as light curtains, light grids and laser scanners performed by authorized persons.
- Compilation of a standardized inspection report.
- Affixing of a test seal verifying the successful inspection, with inspection date and information about the next inspection.