Sustainability and climate protection are among the greatest challenges of our time. We take responsibility for the future – both in our solutions and our actions – which is why we joined the Blue Competence sustainability alliance.
Blue Competence is an initiative launched by the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (the VDMA) to promote sustainability in mechanical and plant engineering and to raise the profile of sustainable solutions in the industry. Our membership of the initiative commits us to uphold the 12 sustainability guidelines of the mechanical and plant engineering industry (www.bluecompetence.net/about).
Our understanding of forward-looking sustainability is based on the principles of economic success, fairness, respect and responsibility and encompasses the dimensions of society, ecology and economy. We understand sustainable action holistically in terms of the definition of the Brundtland Report1 and the definition of the Council for Sustainable Development2 in Germany.
- Sustainability is an essential part of our corporate strategy.
- We create stable values and secure entrepreneurial success with sustainable business models.
- Our technology and solutions promote sustainable development worldwide.
- Sustainable thinking and action is reflected in our processes and products.
- We act in a resource-conserving manner and are committed to climate protection.
- Our employees are our most valuable asset. We promote commitment and opportunities for participation.
- We are committed to respecting human rights.
- Our company is a living space.
- We assume social responsibility in our regions.
- We do what we promise!
- We maintain an active exchange with all stakeholders.
- We communicate our sustainable actions transparently.
1 “Sustainable development meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” (Brundtland Report, 1987).
2 “Sustainable development means taking environmental considerations into account on an equal footing with social and economic considerations. So doing business in a sustainable way means leaving an intact ecological and economic fabric for our children and grandchildren.” (German Council for Sustainable Development, 2001).